Carrick Rangers 3 – 3 Loughgall | Loughgall Football Club

Carrick Rangers 3 – 3 Loughgall

A cracking strike from Andy Smith in stoppage time was enough to secure a pulsating 3-3 draw with title favourites Carrick Rangers, who finished with ten men, at Taylors Avenue.

The hosts made an excellent start to the game and were ahead after only 9 minutes when Paul Heatley’s chipped pass into Tony Anderson’s path was controlled and fired beyond goalkeeper Marc Robinson from a difficult angle.

Rangers’ lead lasted only 6 minutes as Stephen McCain played a smashing pass inside full-back Paul Prenter, which was controlled and confidently finished by Peter McNeill inside the penalty area.

The Villagers quickly took control and found themselves ahead on 22 minutes when ‘keeper Paul McKane fumbled Daniel Ryan’s close range header, and an attempted clearance cannoned off the striker and over the goal line.

Carrick restored parity with Anderson heavily involved again on 37 minutes – he raced onto a pass on the left flank before seeing Anto Lagan sliding in to connect with his shot-cum-cross towards the back post.

Top scorer Lagan netted his 20th goal of the season when he was on hand to head home Anderson’s cross in the 69th minute.

The game exploded 7 minutes before the final whistle when Davy McAlinden and Andy Smith got involved in an off-the-ball incident.  Referee Iain Hall dismissed McAlinden for his involvement whilst showing Smith a yellow card.

This helped push Loughgall on further and they almost equalised when the ball fell perfectly for Andy Ferguson with substitute ‘keeper Ciaran Stitt on the ground, however the right-back couldn’t keep buy augmentin 875 online his effort on target lifting his shot narrowly over the crossbar.

Loughgall netted the equaliser deep into injury time through a superb strike from midfielder Smith.  He played a smart one-two pass with McNeill before beautifully curling the ball into the top corner of the net from 25 yards.

Loughgall: Robinson, Ferguson, Carville, Peden, Murphy, Smith, Coleman (McCullough 73m), McCain, Bloomer, Ryan (Kernaghan 76m), McNeill.  Unused sub: Baird.

Carrick: McKane (Stitt 27m), Prenter, Hogan, McClean, Anderson, McAlinden, Harmon, Deans, Lagan, McDowell (Long 85m), Heatley.  Unused subs: O’Neill, Bell, Hand.

Referee: Iain Hall (Belfast)