Tobermore United 3 – 5 Loughgall (aet) | Loughgall Football Club

Tobermore United 3 – 5 Loughgall (aet)

Loughgall were forced all the way to extra-time by an impressive Tobermore side in the JJB Sports Irish Cup 4th round before two well-worked goals secured a place in the next round.

The Villagers opened the scoring after 27 minutes when Glenn Waddell’s curling free kick was nodded home by Barry Bloomer from close range.

The hosts equalised five minutes later when strike Davy Patton’s left-footed drive from outside the penalty area crashed off the underside of the crossbar and rebounded of unlucky ‘keeper Marc Robinson.

Twelve minutes into the second period Loughgall regained the lead when Gary Donaldson upended Shea McGerrigan inside the penalty area allowing Paul McDowell to step up and send goalkeeper Foster the wrong way.

McDowell netted again two minutes later to put the visitors firmly in control after excellent work by Davy Hawthorne who burst into the box and pulled the ball back from the byline to allow the diminutive forward to smash home.

A bizarre goal with 15 minutes remaining give United renewed hope as ‘keeper Robinson, outside the penalty area, blasted a clearance off right-back Liam Cullen, and Aaron Stewart was quickest to react to slot in the loose ball.

Tobermore levelled deep into injury time when Neil Lamont robbed last defender Andy Smith of possession, who had ample time to clear, and fire home a great strike.

Loughgall buy zantac 150 online uk took control in extra-time scoring twice; firstly from substitute Peter McNeill when he latched onto Hawthorne’s forward ball. Then McNeill turned provider when he set-up the tireless Bloomer to poke the ball home past the outrushing Foster.

Loughgall: Robinson, Waddell, Cullen, Alderdice, Peden (Murphy 99m), Kingsberry, A Smith, Hawthorne, Bloomer, McDowell (Gregg 88m), McGerrigan (McNeill 81m). Unused subs: McCain, Laverys.

Tobermore: Foster, Close, Campbell (Lynch 66m), Donaldson, Neill, D Stewart, A Stewart (Hassan 76m), Gardner, Lamont, Patton, Magill (Crawley 85m).

Referee: Lee Tavinder