Loughgall 1 – 4 Limavady United | Loughgall Football Club

Loughgall 1 – 4 Limavady United

Limavady United boss Oran Kearney must have delivered a frank and inspiring team talk at half time as his side recovered with a phenomenal second-half performance scoring four unanswered goals.

Loughgall manager Niall Currie kept faith with the same team that defeated H&W Welders 1 – 0 last week but was able to bring in new signing Barry Bloomer on the substitutes bench.

The hosts were excellent throughout the first period and could have held a much greater advantage at the break, however they had to settle for one when Dean Smith nodded Shea McGerrigan’s floated corner home from close range for his 16th goal of the season on 24 minutes.

Paul McDowell had the ball in away goalkeeper Michael Doherty’s net on 15 minutes when Chris Kingsberry found the striker in space to fire home from inside the penalty area however he was in an offside position.

On 44 minutes Kingsberry had a great chance to double the lead when a deflection gifted him the ball close to goal however ‘keeper Doherty raced out quickly and saved the winger’s low effort.

In first half stoppage time United came mightily close to levelling when Lee Patrick nodded off the crossbar from close range and, in the resultant goalmouth scramble, Liam Cullen superbly blocked Trevor Hutchinson’s shot on the goal line before Davy Hawthorne cleared to safety.

It took United just three minutes after the break to equalise when Francis McKenna’s deflected strike from inside the penalty area buy ritalin from mexico got the better of goalkeeper Marc Robinson.

The away side grabbed the lead in the 62nd minute when Paul Owens, on the edge of the penalty area, precisely drilled his first-time shot from Michael Walsh’s low cross from the right flank into the bottom corner.

Loughgall found themselves two goals behind nine minutes later when Walsh’s throw-in allowed Lee Patrick to race through into the box and finish powerfully.

In the 89th minute substitute Ashley Gregg was unlucky to see his powerful shot wonderfully saved one-handed by ‘keeper Doherty.

The win was wrapped up deep into injury time when Gareth McConaghie’s well-struck free kick deflected off the defensive wall and past wrong-footed keeper Robinson into the bottom corner of the net.

Loughgall: Robinson, Waddell, Cullen (Gregg 77m), Alderdice, Peden, Kingsberry, McGerrigan, Hawthorne, A Smith (McCullough 67m), McDowell, D Smith (Bloomer 61m).  Unused subs: McNeill, Lavery.

Limavady: Doherty, Walsh, McKeever, McConaghie, McNulty, Patrick, Owens, McKenna, Cooke (Friel 90m), Hutchinson, Clarke.  Unused subs: Roddy, McCaughan, Jennings, Harkin.

Referee: Tim Marshall (Enniskillen)